These Brant County, Ontario biographical sketches have been transcribed by Bill Bowman from Warner and Beers History of Brant County 1883.

 

LOUIS B. D. LAPIERRE, farmer, Paris P.O., Township of South Dumfries, was born in Galt, Ont., March 6, 1833, and moved to his present farm with his parents, April 9, same year. His father, Louis B.D. Lapierre, who was at one time a gauger, but subsequently engaged in coopering business, was born in Montreal in 1798, and his mother was a native of Herkimer County, State of New York, where she was born in 1807. She came to canada with her parents when very young, and settled near Galt, where she was married in 1822. Some time after they moved to where the son now resides, when Mr. Lapierre commenced farming operations, and died there, Aug. 11, 1850. His wife is still living in Paris Ont., and is again married. Her present husband's name is Samuel Appleby. Louis B. D. Lapierre, the subject of this biography, was married, June 21, 1869, to Anna Maria Markle, born in Niagara Township, Dec. 25, 1846, and daughter of Abraham and Hannah Markle, both Canadians; the former of whom, who is still living, was born in 1798, and the latter was born May 5, 1800, died June 7, 1881. Mr. and Mrs. Lapierre are members of the Methodist Church, and have two children- Adelle Flor-Ella, born June 9, 1870, and Maude Louie, born Sept. 22, 1874. Mr. Lapierre has been a member of the Masonic Order in Paris since 1878, has filled the office of President of the North Brant Agricultural Society for three years, and has been a Director of the same society for several years. He has been elected Deputy Reeve eight years, and Warden of the county for the year 1871, and has been Reeve one year, as well as School Trustee for three successive years. At one time Mr. L. had a store in Paris for two years, which he sold out to Mr. Laing, and has met with generally good success. He is owner of 256 1/2 acres of land, where he resides, and excellent buildings.